View Single Post
Old 3 September 2018, 05:29 AM   #40
BT1985
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burlington View Post
Yes I'm sure that would be the case, but legally they could sell at over, or under if they chose to.

Bundling hot pieces with a PM model is their way of effectively doing the same thing whilst maintaining Rolex's expectations at the point of sale.

If a watch was maliciously dropped, I'm sure they would press charges and seek damages to cover the repair bill, then sell it pre owned via a grey dealer.

If it was accidentally dropped and sufficiently damaged then I expect they would have insurance to cover this, and/ or back to Rolex to be repaired. I would expect in this case then to be re-sold as BNIB. As Rolex dictates the watches history and as it hadn't yet sold, they could repair/ mend as needed. It would presumably be the same as if one was dropped inside the factory during the final QC checks.

Yea good call on insurance claim and grey is probably the most logical route. I get the packaging as a way to effectively sell over MSRP. My point is I don’t think they can use it for that purpose once it has need repaired for a drop. How would you like to get a dropped watch after shelling out for a PM reference also to get it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BT1985 is offline   Reply With Quote