View Single Post
Old 22 June 2019, 05:55 AM   #56
Mystro
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by synequano View Post
Only time will tell how the blue second and the recent pop colored lume (blue,white,khaki green) will age...

When I look at my 20+ years watches,I see them as timeless classic

Rolex 16570 from 1995/1996 and Pam 23A from 1998 shown

We gotta wait at least 10 years (maybe in 2030??) to see how the now-recent panerais with pop of color will age...
The blue is Panerai's signature color like green is to Rolex. The LVc Sub took alot of heat initially and no one wanted it. I bought mine below msrp.
My personal style is I like a touch of the Panerai blue on my "big black watch" This is why the 661 speaks to me. That said, if money was endless, I would own a Pam 616 even at 47mm because in a large dive watch, it looks so damn aggressive and in-your-face.

Hard to capture the rose gold hue but it looks very upscale in a high tech sort of way. Warm red flashes from the hands and markers as it moves in the sunlight. I cant capture it yet in still pics. It was a pleasant surprise I typically associate with my CHNR. Even my wife which is more conservative with jewelry coined the phrase "masculinity expensive looking" when she handled the 661 Carbotech. I think thats a accurate non-WIS description.

Mystro is offline   Reply With Quote