Thread: Sneakerheads
View Single Post
Old 15 January 2023, 01:56 AM   #142
huncho
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JParm View Post
I've got a couple more sneakers on the way, which I'll be sure to snap pics of...once you pop, you can't stop!

In the meantime, what are the thoughts here around collaborations like Supreme, Off White, etc.? Worth the absurd premium, or just get the shoes that like similar (e.g. if you want the Off White Jordan 4 look, just get the Shimmer 4 instead at a fraction of the price)? It's not like we're talking Invicta vs. Rolex, it's still Nike vs Nike...

Obviously I like collaborations, as I bought the Khaled 5's and Maison Chateau 2's, but those came either at retail or slightly under. I really like the Off White AJ 1's, but can't fathom spending that much on pre-owned - because lord knows I'm definitely not spending new.
it depends. i think the off white 4s are the best of all the off white collabs and the price isn't too crazy. i also can't imagine spending 5k on the off white 1s, let alone wearing them

i have a bit of a limit on how much i'd spend on a pair, which is around 1-1.5k if i really like the sneaker. the most i spent was on the travis scott sbs in 2020. bought them for $1200 and since then they've mostly sat around 1700-2000 and the problem then became do i actually want to wear sneakers that are that expensive. i've yet to wear them and i'm leaning towards just selling them and getting a few other sbs for the price. i also had the off white 4s and sold them because i didn't wear them. i'll probably get them back one day because they're just too clean
huncho is online now   Reply With Quote