View Single Post
Old 13 July 2017, 03:13 PM   #8
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HK Islandboy View Post
On a lark, I went into the Patel Philippe AD asking about Aquanauts and specifically steel 5164s. with full expectation of having this request met with a belly laugh from the sales person, given what I hear about availability, I was shocked when he said "yes, just arrived, but it's unopened, so if you want to get a sense of size, you'll need to try the gold version". Which I did

I want to love this watch, but I just think that it wears too small for someone well over 6 feet tall - at least based on my tastes at the moment.
Im with you on that. I have tried on the 5164 twice now. The first time i went in wearing an AP 44 and the second time i went in wearing a GMT II. It was a totally different experience both times. Depending on the watch you have been wearing that day and and that your brain has gotten use to seeing on your wrist, the 5164 went from too small to stunning.

Im still torn on this piece as I do really love it but am generally into a bit bigger watches at the moment. I do recommend not wearing an AP 44 though when looking at any smaller watches as it does distort your perspective. For me at least.

Also agree on ALS. I love their watches, a bit too dressy generally for me and if i didn't dress so casually normally I would consider them for sure, probably ahead of PP. The 5164 is very much in between the dressy offerings and a pure sports watch which is why i am so drawn to it. The 42mm white gold aquanaut is quite nice as well, you should give that a look.
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote