View Single Post
Old 2 April 2020, 03:27 AM   #4762
Phooi
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdog View Post
Another question:

Any info out there on how exercise and keeping yourself healthy helps?

As an asthmatic, I’m working harder to keep my lungs healthy. I’ve always exercised, but I’m now making a point to push my cardio higher to ensure I’m increasing lung capacity. I did hill runs yesterday for example.

And I’ve noticed that I’m using my inhaler less. Just a day or so, so far, but I’ll take whatever I can get.

Anyone posting exercise and healthy lifestyle to help combat getting severe symptoms? I’d love to check out the data or any information on that.

I think it’s telling that out of a ship full of healthy sailors, none of them yet have fallen ill with severe symptoms even while the virus is spreading through the ship.

Can’t find anything about it though.
I’m not a physician or trainer but from a common sense perspective, being in good shape prepares you for whatever negatives will come your way.

I’m not sure what causes your asthma but one of the side effects of CV19 has been a reduction of air pollution worldwide. Good air quality generally benefits people with asthma. There are apps you can use to track air quality in your area.

Finally from a training perspective, make sure you are not overtraining. When you overtrain, you are negating any of the gains your body has made. Make sure you properly recover so you actually benefit from the gains you’ve made.