View Single Post
Old 2 April 2020, 04:14 AM   #4766
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Ferry View Post
I think you make a good point about accountability. I've personally had bad habits in the past, so I'm not innocent here, and probably few people are doing everything they should. That said, I understand and support the goal of getting a doctor/nurse/bed/ventilator for everyone who needs one, regardless of their past decisions.

I also think that not everybody is as well-informed as you. They don't realize how dangerous a pack of cigarettes really is, how bad frequent fast food or junk food is, or how bad heavy habitual drinking is. They see other people with bad habits, and it gets normalized in the culture. If people could go to a primary care doctor for free, they might get some firm advice and tough love re. smoking/drug cessation, diet, and exercise. If we end up with our own version of the NHS, and it increases availability of routine doctor visits (as opposed to last-resort ER visits) I'd be fine with that.
my brother. thank you for your response.

but everyone knows that smoking cigarettes is bad for you. And everyone knows that eating a ton of junk food is bad for you. You don't need an education, you only need to listen to your body.

the free this and free that is exactly the problem. everyone thinks they have "rights". there is not such things as "rights". the only truth is the truth of Mother Nature. and that is being proven to us now.

you cant learn if you cant admit fault. and we have created a culture that points fingers at everything because someones feelings might be at fault if they actually admit fault.

I have gout. when I eat a certain way, I have a flare up and I am in enormous pain. that is the only fact of the matter. I can take meds to cover it up, but at what cost.

our culture wants to feel good at all costs. so instead of taking responsibility and learning and changing, we blame other people and expect to find answers in other people.

IG: gsmotorclub
IG: thesawcollection

(Both mostly just car stuff)