View Single Post
Old 2 April 2020, 04:36 AM   #4768
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by uscmatt99 View Post
Seth I think it's twofold. First, for reasons not entirely clear, the cytokine storm that leads to ARDS seems to be more frequent in older individuals. Thankfully kids are almost completely spared. Second, once a person is experiencing a cytokine storm and ARDS, their fitness level will likely have a great impact on survivability.

It's anecdotal, but while many are dying from inadequate oxygen delivery, others are dying from cardiac stress. Essentially the labs suggest they are having a heart attack, but the lab test is really just a marker of cardiac cell death. Heart muscle is dying, but not due to a blocked blood vessel as is typical. In these cases it is presumed to be myocardial inflammation. Whether that is direct viral infection, part of the cytokine storm, or some sort of microvascular phenomenon, I do not know.

I think that for the US experience we are still in the data gathering phase. There is a ton of publication going on with mostly case reports and per hospital statistics and experiences. But to do proper peer-reviewed rigorous analysis from which to draw conclusions, this will take time.

thats too smart for me.

All I am saying is the "experts" and the powers that be should be promoting what people can do to better themselves. Not all the doom and gloom. Yes, challenges abound. Of course. But clearly our population will benefit from a healthier fitter lifestyle.

stop eating so damned much. have fruit instead of a candy bar. there are bananas and apples and oranges in every bodega I have ever been in to. and I work in all the worst areas as I work in industrial parks across the country.

I am not perfect either. and I have been drinking at nights during all this crap. but I am getting sleep, I am exercising, and I am watching what I eat.

personal accountability goes a long way in life.

IG: gsmotorclub
IG: thesawcollection

(Both mostly just car stuff)