View Single Post
Old 3 April 2020, 01:02 AM   #4855
77T
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

the Coronavirus outbreak thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton250 View Post
As I’ve told some of you before my wife is a scientist at the University of South Florida in Tampa. Here is an interesting and brief summary from the dean of medicine at USF. It’s his opinion on how we can get out of this. Anyway I know most of you only accept information from scientists so here is one. His ideas and timeline seem pretty reasonable to me.

https://www.tampabay.com/opinion/202...rles-lockwood/
Appreciate the link...

From a science, reporting and recovery rate his review of where we are now is likely reliable. He explains how the death rate has been amplified and the millions of people who were never reported because of mild or no symptoms.

I wish he had better evaluated the factors to support his guessing:
“My best guess is it will take about four-to-six weeks to distribute sufficient testing to identify individuals with proven immunity”

That guess is off by an order of magnitude methinks. IMHO, the level of testing to identify proven immunity is not coming in that period.

To conduct that level of testing in 4-6 weeks (presuming the test kits of each type can be produced and distributed) would mean 7+ million tests per day (24x7) for every day over 6 weeks to cover the US population.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?