View Single Post
Old 14 January 2021, 08:55 AM   #111
gnuyork
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by logo View Post
You can buy the old one and order the new bracelet for it (or the Apollo 11 bracelet) - it fits per another member on the forum here with photos in a different thread. It still would come out cheaper than the new one most likely, so it comes down to your preferences/care for the movement and dial/bezel changes.
Yes, I read that too in another thread. It would come down to getting to see both in person, I tried on both older hesalite and sapphire today, and I like them even better in person than in pics (no surprise). It felt much more compact (and slim) on my wrist than what I perceive in photos. I was wearing my 1st gen Planet Ocean which I assume was a similar case, if not the same, but yet the Speedy felt more "one" with the wrist.

I understand the new models are even thinner, so that's only good. In photos, I seem to prefer the step dial, but I have to say in person I really like the flat dial too.

I'll wait to see the new one in person before deciding, but I might not have the opportunity to compare it to the older versions if they are gone. For the old one I would only be interested in the Hesalite, the new one, likely as well, but I'm more open to the Sapphire on the new version than i am the on older version.

One thing is I do not really like the older bracelet, and especially the bulky clasp. Even my Planet Ocean has a slimmer clasp (18mm) that is flush with the tapered bracelet. I know there is no micro adjust, but I still maintain that this PO bracelet is better than Rolex Oyster due to how slim and seamless the clasp is to the bracelet.
gnuyork is offline   Reply With Quote