Thread: New sea dweller
View Single Post
Old 23 January 2021, 10:48 AM   #20
MeepHead
"TRF" Member

Watch: TV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Z View Post
I was lucky to find a SD 43 a couple of weeks ago. It is the largest Rolex that I have....I was definitely concerned about the size....but it really wears much like a 40 mm to me.....it feels similar to my BLNR except the SD 43 actually fits more snugly and has a thicker profile.... While not quite as heavy as a platinum model this watch is heavy enough and feels just right. The bracelet is the best I have seen on any watch. The watch details are beautiful...especially the bezel and dial.... I like most of us on TRF have multiple Rolex watches but the SD 43 will be my daily watch.
The sea dweller reminds me of starship troopers. “ I need a corporal. You're it, until you're dead or I find someone better..”

I’m standing the other night staring at my AP Royal oak and other pieces wondering why I like the sea dweller the most. I do concur it’s heavy enough to be noticed but it wears unbelievably well because the lugs tapering. I never even wear the AP and am asking myself why I even have it. Or the other rolexes which I won’t sell. Perhaps the sea dweller luster will wear off eventually.
MeepHead is offline   Reply With Quote