View Single Post
Old 18 May 2019, 10:16 AM   #1
znammzDJ41
"TRF" Member

Rolex Datejust 41 Authenticity Testing

Hello everyone, I'm fairly new to the Rolex game and just recently bought my first Rolex DJ41 from a gray market dealer, Gold Watch Co. Here is the thing I checked for authenticity. Are there anything else I need to check for?

1. The word ROLEX and serial # are lasers etched in a very fine and uniform manner on the inner ring. The Rolex logo at 6 o'clock is present at a certain angle.

2. The bezel, index, Rolex logos, and bracelet finishes are very fine and uniform. Bracelet feels solid and well made with no deviation from one to another. It is almost as good as my Grand Seiko Spring Drive IMO.

3. The famous date just function operated as it suppose to be, immediately change to the next date after 24 hours rotation.

4. Lum is very good and much better compares to my other high-end watch. I shined LED light on the face for 2 seconds and went into my closet and the lum is blue and very bright.

5. Currently running the 70 hours test right now to ensure it is the 3235 in the case.

Here are my two questions for the group:

1. Is there any fake movement in high-end replica in the market that does the same date just function?

2. Is there any fake movement in high-end replica in the market that has the same 70 hours reserve?

3. I did not want to bring the DJ41 to a local watchmaker for inspection because I don't want to risk the chance of messing up the movement. The local watchmaker said they will have to disassemble the watch and movement to check. What are your recommendations?

3. I did not want to bring the DJ41 to a local watchmaker for inspection because I don't want to risk the chance of messing up the movement. The local watchmaker said they will have to disassemble the watch and movement to check. What are your recommendations?
znammzDJ41 is offline   Reply With Quote