View Single Post
Old 10 April 2018, 06:14 PM   #43
SC11
Banned

Watch: AP ☠️
Quote:
Originally Posted by redfoxer View Post
In all fairness, I do appreciate all comments as information is king! There's some great knowledge here.

I was looking into just content insurance vs jewelry insurance and both seem to come up pretty similar? Ripe seemed pretty decent value for money but pales in comparison when doing some contents insurance quotes.

I assume the difference is in the small print? Otherwise why would anyone not use home/contents insurance for coverage of a whole host of items vs just watches etc?

I read some state to cover watches/other high value items outside of home/contents but then some home/contents policies would be invalidated?? Such a minefield!!

If there's a key takeway from this thread - it's read the small print! Insurers don't like making things easy do they?

Hence why I went with Lark as they seemed more like the old school brokers where you told them what and how you want the cover and they found an underwriter.

Brief example
I could choose how many watches were covered outside the safe so say I had a collection of 5 watches and liked to travel with 2 I could of had 2 at anyone time out of the safe or just the 1.
Plus you could specify only 1 on the wrist so basically it was cheaper but you could only have 1 out of the safe at a time and it must be on the wrist at all times.
SC11 is offline   Reply With Quote