View Single Post
Old 1 September 2018, 01:56 AM   #68
droptopman
"TRF" Member

Watch: SUBS and GMT's!
Been collecting for 30 years so my tastes have changed a lot in that time span. Currently wearing a 114060, 116613LB and a mint 16570 Polar in a rotation. Have a DJ and an OP but rarely wear them. These days I like diversity of colors especially different dials. In the past I have done the land sea air thing: Daytona white dial, Sub LN of some variety and a GMT Pepsi of some variety. I really like Subs and GMTs but not a big fan of Chronos so generally stick to those references these days even it is does not make sense to others. Love a nice "real" dress watch, but just cannot justify the expense to be rarely worn. In my work and social environment I just do not need a ALS or PP dress watch even though I dig the looks of them.
Only watches I am interested in these days: Sub LV and GMT BLRO SS.

Get something you really like and when another sings to you get that. Your tastes will change so it is hard to plan a collection out that far in advance. Plus they make new models from time to time. Maybe something will really grab you that you had not even thought about before.
Ty: By height.
droptopman is offline   Reply With Quote