View Single Post
Old 14 January 2018, 04:32 AM   #1
dimbmw
"TRF" Member

The Watch Buyers Group - anyone had an issue with them ?

I’ve sent my submariner to The Watch Buyers Group for cleaning on Dec 11th of 2017 and now, on as of Jan 13th 2018, I still don’t have an estimate from them.

According to their original email they were supposed to give an estimate in 1 or 2 weeks. Now it is more than a month and no estimate still...

I emailed them about a week ago and received a reply containing this:

“Your watch did test to a low amplitude and so the watchmakers are trying to see if they can re-poise the balance complete, rather than replacing it. If it needs to be replaced, it will be over $500 added to the estimate ....”

As a note, my watch was operational when I sent it, so I don’t know how to interpret this - of course I wasnt planning to replace any $500 parts on a working watch that is about 5 years old , I wanted just a basic service and cleaning.

Well, now I am not sure if it was a right decision to send my watch to The Watch Buyers Group, as I don’t have any definitive news from them for a month, and their email about their concerns about the $500 part on a working watch feels a little worrisome to me.

I am wondering if anyone else had similar or other issues with the watch buyers group , I am wondering if I need to request my watch back and send it to another place.
dimbmw is offline   Reply With Quote