View Single Post
Old 11 September 2018, 10:33 AM   #3
stockae92
"TRF" Member

B50 is huge, but I would either go with B55 or simply a Aerospace EVO. B50 has the complexity of the B55 but missing the blue tooth connection. Unless you are heavy battery user, I would go with Aerospace EVO (or maybe a B1 SQ) for simplicity (less thing to break and even DIY battery change is not difficult).

I love the look of Aerospace EVO. It looks fantastic, but the price of that is everything is controlled by the crown, which makes some simple operation not-so-simple anymore.

Omega Speedmaster X-33 Skywalker is a great watch. Easy to use and it looks like a space watch, which it is. :) My main problem with it is the Euro Date format (DDMMYYYY, not configurable). Minor complain are you can't manually turn off the LCD, the lumed bezel insert marker looks very close to the non-lumed markers. My preference would be the older X-33.

And speaking of Omega, Z-33 Spacemaster is the one that nobody likes because it looks odd, but I love the construction and operation. This thing feels like tank, the buttons and crown has very high quality feel. And the movement / module is Awesome with a capital "A". Its a lot more simple and straight forward for "earth use". I can turn off the LCD and I can put the watch in sleep mode on-demand. The LED would light up every time you use the digital portion and the brightness is adjusted automatically to ambient light level. Its a very cool watch, if you can get pass its look and towering wrist presence. :D
stockae92 is offline   Reply With Quote