View Single Post
Old 13 June 2020, 08:01 AM   #38
sp006
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystro View Post
Panerai is a exciting brand for me. There is enough conservative “same old, same old” brands out there to choose from.

I see similar parallels to my own Panerai collection. All my Panerai watches have held or exceeded what I paid for them not that it matters to me. I have noticed the new exotic materials Panerai is using is holding their value rather well. This is because there isn’t many in the wild. I studied the Carbotech examples for almost a year before taking the plunge as I needed to see how the material holds up. I was also waiting for a blow out price on the secondary market and that never happened. They go down after the initial new price and hold rock solid.
You buy a Carbotech right and they are rock solid with their value retention if that matters to you. In the end these are a luxury and style purchases and I think the more stylish Panerai look draws more affluent buyers in buying them for the right reasons to enjoy and not commodity buyers more into the resale value and the actual watch a secondary concern.

The Carbotech you have (which I love) can be purchased on grey market for just over 50% of its retail price. I’m not sure I’d consider that good value retention...unless you only buy the brand pre-owned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sp006 is offline   Reply With Quote