View Single Post
Old 23 March 2018, 01:42 AM   #45
elcompa
"TRF" Member

Watch: DD 118206
I think we have to keep in mind that most people (normal folks, not watch enthusiasts), pick a watch based on overall appearence and not the details. I think our little niche of a community is far too focused on the details, measurements, models and parts that absolutely are transparent to most of the watch buying world. We project too much that they think like us. Most have no idea which model number they are wearing, when it came to market, which famous person wore it, when it was designed, was it used on the moon, in a race car, 6,000 ft under the sea, in the Tour De France etc...

So, my guess is that they will keep the BLNR on the website as long as there are some out there to sell, and use all parts in stock until they are gone. Eventually the new SS BLRO case will becme the BLNR case, they will add a "2" to the model number and keep the money making blue/black color combo bezel in production. Rolex is first and foremost a corporation focused on revenue (ok, so it is technically listed as a Swiss charity, but I think we all get that). As long as there is a healthy demand, they will produce a supply (long live capitalism!!!)...perhaps not the exact case or movement, but a supply with the black and blue combo. they have to move product to make money. This is a universal business truth, just like the law of supply and demand.