View Single Post
Old 30 December 2017, 05:07 AM   #196
William.L.
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1675 & 16013
Quote:
Originally Posted by K12AN View Post
In hindsight I wish I'd had a phone call with the seller and facetime or Skype to see their face at least.
Additionally if ask to see some proof in the video that they have the watch with them and proof of ID.
I'd also trawl through every detail of their history on the forum and not give the benefit of any doubt like I did in this instance.

The question is, would genuine sellers be out off this if a buyer requested this level of communication?

Nope. I welcome it. I guess it depends on the level in which you sell things, but I think for the average guy who does a decent amount of sales, spending the time to both verify who your potential customer is, along with putting their concern and worries at ease would be worth the time you'd have to make for it. I always offer my cell or work number which is a jewelry store.

I make it so I'm not hard to get a hold of, and welcome both a phone call or Skype or whatever. I also think it goes both ways..... while I'm happy to talk to someone and answer all of their questions, I'm weary of customers who only want to talk via text or email. In many circumstances there is reason for it, different language/timezone ect, but if your doing a transaction in the states, there's no reason not to pick up the phone and talk.
Tudor GMT
Serti GMT
William.L. is offline   Reply With Quote