View Single Post
Old 2 January 2018, 11:39 AM   #199
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Quote:
Originally Posted by james272 View Post
I have said this before and I will say it again. NEVER WIRE MONEY TO ANYONE, you are assuming all the risk. You have little to no recourse to get it back if the deal does not happen. Its an easy scam to pull off. I do not care who you are or how trusted you or anyone else says you are I will NEVER wire you money period! If a seller does not trust sending you the watch before you send money, then why should you trust them and send them a wire before they send a watch? YOU DONT WIRE MONEY TO AMAZON? Do you? I am sorry but I am going to have some protection on my side in the event of a scam or bad deal. Those that think the buyer should assume all the risk are foolish. If a seller will only deal with a wire, move on find a better seller that is affording you some protection.

Being a pledge member on here means NOTHING! Except you sent some money to be able to sell or in this case SCAM someone.
roaddog359 is offline Report Post

This is the simple answer- I don’t care about the references and all the “answers” to find a trust worthy seller- wasting your time! Just DON’T wire transfer to anyone! If you don’t personally know them - you protect yourself by using cc and pay pal or trusted seller on Chrono. Here is a great test - when seller insists on wire- tell them to send you the watch and the instant you receive it you will wire the funds- ha! See how that works! Don’t be foolish. Sadly, the op simply lost his 7 grand, he won’t get it back! Now are you fellow watch enthusiasts going to learn from his sad experience??? Don’t wire funds ! Sincerely James in SA
If you feel that way you are best off just dealing with ADs and your credit card. Nobody delivers goods without payment first. Selling a watch is much scarier than buying one because the buyers come to you out of the woodwork and typically have a low post count and little to no reputation whatsoever.