View Single Post
Old 10 July 2020, 05:40 AM   #221
Nav01L
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raclaims View Post
I guess I'm different, I like to make money on my watches as well as wear them all the time.

I care if my cars lose money too.

I buy quality watches and cars...that make money...why the hell would someone purposely lose money? But to each his own
Does that apply to the women in your life too? Jk ;) But my point is sometimes you like something or someone without regard to its/their ability to make money. After all, money is means to an end, not the opposite. And let’s face it, when you found the watch you wanna put all those memories into, its not like you’re gonna resell it anyway.

The only pride you can take in a watch you’re babysitting for its future purchaser is having recognized other people’s demand... big deal, I prefer to take pride in my personal sense of taste, and frankly my ability to truly afford a watch, meaning my ability to write it off entirely. But then again, I’m an owner, not a trader, I buy with my eventual grandkids in mind, not a guy who’ll give me double retail.

Remember, the dignity you surrender at your AD‘s doorstep will never be recovered by wearing the watch he may get you.
Nav01L is offline   Reply With Quote