View Single Post
Old 14 September 2020, 03:30 PM   #32
DavidRT
"TRF" Member

Watch: 214270
Wow; this is pretty great of a set up and I hadn't thought about using a computer monitor as a nice backdrop... may have to try this out myself. When I was shooting a lot of watches (I had a tiny watchblog back a few years ago) I was using a pseudo lightbox that I created with an IKEA desk, a lot of white styrofoam and white pieces of paper in front of any desk lamps I had. Worked great and a huge plus with having a Macro lens that forced me to really clean the heck out of the watch before shooting since you could see individual dust particles on the crystal. Highly suggest something other than a smartphone for shooting since it gives you much more control on focal length and shutter speed which gives you the coveted lume shots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadridv View Post
I actually work in photography and video production. While I do it professionally I don't specialize in jewelry or watches, but being that I'm probably more passionate about watches than I am my actual job lol, I love taking pictures of them. When I have time and feel inspired I will dedicate some time and energy. As Paul mentioned, but in other words, it's all about light diffusion. You generally don't want harsh and direct light on your subject (unless that's your intent as an artist). That means using light boxes, soft boxes or bouncing your light source off walls.

Here's a little trick to make night time scene come to life...
DavidRT is offline   Reply With Quote