View Single Post
Old 28 September 2020, 04:13 AM   #20
cascavel
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blansky View Post
Interesting. I get that different people like different things but the original premise is so out there and rather charming that I'm not sure where you would suggest it went to.

I'm guessing the original premise MAY have come from people messing around and trying to write songs and always came up with something already done. So they may have joked hey what if I just play it and nobody knows it was already done......and from there it extrapolated to hey what if it was the most famous music ever done......etc etc

What's your take on where the story could have gone....
If you fall off your bike and hit your head and wake up in the hospital and only you remember the Beatles so you write their music and everyone loves you and you're getting rich at some point you would have to question your own memories and, perhaps, sanity. In his case, at what point does he begin to think that he is indeed a genius? I was hoping the movie would explore the issue of creativity, and it's effect on creators who just hear music in their heads.
The protagonists interaction with the other people who remembered the Beatles should have been extremely disconcerting to him and been more central to the plot. What happened to the world they believed existed?
His obliviousness to the attentions of his beautiful groupie/girlfriend and, later decision that she was the right woman for him and giving away the rights to his music all speaks to the possibility that he was, indeed, insane.
cascavel is offline   Reply With Quote