View Single Post
Old 18 September 2019, 07:42 PM   #2
sinkholeninja
"TRF" Member

Watch: Ocean 2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToneLok View Post
So let's be honest here. The Italian navy - and its commando forces - are an interesting choice for a marketing identity. I'm sure they're tough now and have really great people and all, but seriously...

But damned if I don't love these watches. As a tweener until my Patek 5726 comes in - and as a further enticement to get my AD to push me up the Nautilus list - I'm kicking around the ideas of a Bronzo and/or a Carbotech. AD doesn't normally carry the Bronzo but the N.A. Panerai Pres is coming through town for a marketing event and may have a few up his sleeve. Love the look of the Bronzo and as an anomaly for Panerai it may actually hold its used price close to retail or even a little above (even with the discrepancy between the aftermarket ask and the aftermarket get). Carbotech is super cool, modern materials, crazy lightweight, but pre-owned price drops like an Italian frogman sub put in water the minute you walk out the door.

Do I buy the Bronzo because it's kinda rad even though it's kinda cartoonish and shitbrownyellow or grab the Carbo because it's unapologetically and completely cartoonish, cool, and blue and I don't really need the money on the back end?

What say ye?

-ToneLok
The new Bronzo doesn't do it for me, but the original 382 is a killer! Carbotech is awesome too. Two very different watches, but unique in their own way.