Thread: Bob's Watches
View Single Post
Old 25 May 2016, 12:15 PM   #141
bdex75
"TRF" Member

Watch: my money vanish
Quote:
Originally Posted by southtexas View Post
As a comparison to the OP's "bob" experience: after reading this thread, I inquired to Crown and Calibre about them purchasing a watch from me (they have a similar business model).

First, I went to the website and filled out the simple form, including model number, serial, and 5 pics.

I received a call a day later, and spoke to a rep about watch's service history (it was known to me; I had proof of service from prior month but she didn't want it). She made me an offer, which I felt was low but in the ballpark.

I told her I'd send more pics (sent her about 20 from every angle). Her valuation department analyzed it and came back same day with a slightly higher offer, so I sent off the watch. After receiving the watch, they emailed me to say their revised offer stood, and a check is in the mail.

Very painless process, and they stuck true to their quoted estimate (which was only a few hundred shy of going rate here on TRF for like watch). Seems pretty clear that this model can work seamlessly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds reasonable to me. Crown and Caliber was mentioned earlier here and I looked into it as well. I originally decided to throw it in the safe and hold on to it. My wife (whose watch it was) asked ok that I please sell it or trade it in my next watch purchase. Since she got her Tudor she never wears it. So I took a few of the pics that I had sent to Bob's and used them in the classifieds. Started at the original offer that I got from Bob's. Bumped and lowered about $100 over the course of a week or so. And got two offers within 2 hours of each other for the exact same $$. A member here got a great deal on a great watch and I got more than I would have selling to Bob's. It all worked out in the end. I personally would rather a TRF member get the benefit than a big company.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bdex75 is offline   Reply With Quote