View Single Post
Old 27 October 2017, 12:59 PM   #115
OP15
"TRF" Member

I'm 31 and have a passion for watches. Many around my age and younger do not; however, I think the same can be said for those who are older, as well. And there are those who appreciate it but are not in the position to buy one, yet. I think it comes down more to those who appreciate special timepieces and those who do not, maybe more so than age. Just my two cents (and personal observations).

Like Tyler, I'll only post a picture of my watch on this forum. I wear my watches for the enjoyment and appreciation for the watch I'm wearing.

Unfortunately, when availability is an issue, the relationship matters, and those who are older, and perhaps have a longer, more established relationship, will get the call first. I know it's been mentioned before on this thread (and unfortunately I know this), with Hermes, the sought after bags never make it out of the stock room. The Sales Associates are checking shipments and calling their clients immediately. Fortunately, for watch lovers, the brands don't dictate what we are allowed to buy in a given year.
OP15 is offline   Reply With Quote