View Single Post
Old 9 November 2018, 09:49 AM   #28
116710er
"TRF" Member

Watch: yer six.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROLLiWORKS View Post
Can't help but ask if you don't mind sharing. What did the service bill come out to?

As an independent, we inspect parts more thoroughly and gauge how much life is left in them before considering replacement. There is definitely some push back at times when replacing parts are required on what is expected to be a routine service. So more labor hours invested to save the customer the expense of replacement.

For RSC is more procedural replacement. Good part or not, it will be replaced. Not as much push back from what I hear, despite parts are added to the service bill. But with this added expense, often 2x to 3x, it should be running much better than those readings. Truly hoping it's the measuring device not the work. I think a lot of us are awaiting the verdict.
It was $750 which is their base cost. They did not add any extra costs. They suggested a new insert which I declined because there's nothing wrong with the insert. I'm surprised they didn't recommend a new crystal as there is a very, very small chip (I can feel it with my fingernail) on the edge.
116710er is offline   Reply With Quote