View Single Post
Old 21 February 2019, 02:46 AM   #9
AlyRba
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler1980 View Post
FWIW, ive always kind of thought of the current gen of the overseas as a competitor to the ROO and not a RO or a ROC because of how it wears. Not a dealbreaker for me as i really like a ROO. I just think the bigger, chunkier look its a better head to head. The bracelet for sure is more like a ROO bracelet too.
That’s an interesting point. I was just thinking about it last night.

There is no way this date-only Overseas is a competitor of AP 15202 and Patek 5711. Keeping aside the higher price points of AP and Patek, $24.8k and $29.8k respectively, compared to the Overseas, $19.9k, both the AP and Patek references feel more luxurious on the wrist and clearly involve more hand finishing.

I feel the Overseas is more of a direct competitor to Patek 5167, AP 15400, and as you just mentioned, AP Offshore Diver. Much more comparable in terms of price, construction quality, and feel. 15400 has a better bracelet but Overseas offers 3 strap options. 5167 is slim and Overseas is a chunky watch. AP Offshore can only be worn by someone who has 7~ inch wrists whereas Overseas can be pulled off by someone like me who has a 6.5~ inch wrist.
AlyRba is offline   Reply With Quote