View Single Post
Old 18 January 2011, 03:42 PM   #7
doubleo
"TRF" Member

Well, not a wrench.. I know..

It's similar to the tool that removes the crown tube, but opposite. The crown tube tool has the teeth on the outer part, the chronograph tool has the teeth on the inside... yes it's small.. I think it's 3.05mm, but would like an expert to say "yup" that's it... otherwise, I'm going to but the Hortec complete set for about 235.00 so I'll have-em all.. but would rather but the correct tool for 58.00. I do have replacement buttons to go back on. I could actually avoid replacing the buttons if I could find an original screw down button screw. It's brass with a groove for an O-ring.

The movement is an eta/tudor 7750. I have cleaned and oiled it. My first movement I took all the way down, and all back together.. It's running, and keeping good time. I bought a cd with instructions I printed.. The only thing I dont get is the watch keeps running with the crown pulled out. I'm sure it's something I've reversed, or didn't line up correctly ? and when I get the button done, I may tear it down again to see what I did wrong.. Otherwise, It's a lot of fun to work on these..

If anyone has an idea on the chrono button tool, please let me know.. Thank You !

Double O
doubleo is offline   Reply With Quote