View Single Post
Old 29 May 2019, 08:19 PM   #25
erik asher
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiseguy724 View Post
A lot of people are very upset about the snap back cases, but that snap back pam 753/754 has double the WR of a royal oak. and equal WR to that of the Rolex explorer, so I feel like maybe it's not as big a deal as some people make it out to be... or maybe I just don't "get it."

My only gripe against the caseback is that I can't see through it!
Panerai is no longer using “snap back” caseback. As these case backs were a marketing disaster for the brand, and eroded brand identity, Panerai switched to “driven” caseback a for its newer base models. The driven caseback uses a different tool than snap back, and is more secure than the snap back but still les secure than the screwed on case back. It’s somewhere in the middle, and from an optical perspective, it looks exactly the same as a screw in caseback. A good compromise for Panerai on their lower end models.

The real question to me is about integrated bezels. Do people who are buying these starter models for $4k realize that they will need to replace the entire case if they damage the bezel? I think this is a complete erosion of brand identity!
erik asher is offline   Reply With Quote