View Single Post
Old 13 October 2022, 08:14 PM   #20
dddrees
"TRF" Member

Watch: This N That
Quote:
Originally Posted by walds11 View Post
I have a pair of Alden Ultimate Indys from Leather Soul. High quality, nice fit and style, but they are very heavy. If there is a similar casual boot that is much lighter, I am all over it.
Generally speaking and I mean generally speaking it's been my experience the more money you spend especially on these type of boots you"ll find these type of boots to get heavier and it has a lot to do with the better materials they use. Alden by no means are the heaviest of the boots I wear. Also heavy often is just a matter of perspective and what you have experience with. I can tell you most of these boots are extremely comfortable to wear as long as you get a good fit. However my Edward Green Galways which cost a good bit more than my Aldens are not that much heavier if not about the same. Edward Greens are an entirely diffrent boot in the first place. It's not that I am saying this is a definitive pattern for all boots and they just keep getting heavier the more money you spend. I didn't include Edward Green initially because they make an entirely diffrent style of boot. Extremely nice but a totally different style of boot.

However in this category for good quality of boots if looking for something lighter I would explore Rancourt and Oakstreet Bootmakers. Wolverione 1000 mile boots are some of the lightest boots I own. Good boots but often people are unsatisfied with the creasing that comes with the leather on this cheaper boot. I would recommend Rancourt and Oakstreet Bootmakers over Wolverines.

Loyal Foot Soldier of The Nylon Nation.

Card Carrying Member of the Global Association of
Retro-Grouch-Curmudgeons
dddrees is offline   Reply With Quote