View Single Post
Old 13 October 2022, 08:56 PM   #23
walds11
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dddrees View Post
Generally speaking and I mean generally speaking it's been my experience the more money you spend especially on these type of boots you"ll find these type of boots to get heavier and it has a lot to do with the better materials they use. Alden by no means are the heaviest of the boots I wear. Also heavy often is just a matter of perspective and what you have experience with. I can tell you most of these boots are extremely comfortable to wear as long as you get a good fit. However my Edward Green Galways which cost a good bit more than my Aldens are not that much heavier if not about the same. Edward Greens are an entirely diffrent boot in the first place. It's not that I am saying this is a definitive pattern for all boots and they just keep getting heavier the more money you spend. I didn't include Edward Green initially because they make an entirely diffrent style of boot. Extremely nice but a totally different style of boot.

However in this category for good quality of boots if looking for something lighter I would explore Rancourt and Oakstreet Bootmakers. Wolverione 1000 mile boots are some of the lightest boots I own. Good boots but often people are unsatisfied with the creasing that comes with the leather on this cheaper boot. I would recommend Rancourt and Oakstreet Bootmakers over Wolverines.
I have a pair of Wolverine Courtland 1000 Mile boots. Yes, they are light, but meh in general. I use them as beaters. I’ll take a look at Rancourt and Oakstreet Bootmakers.