View Single Post
Old 5 April 2019, 10:46 AM   #1
skirsch
Banned

Watch Roll vs Watch Box vs Other Watch Storage

I saw a recent thread on the Everest Watch Rolls and it got me thinking about watch rolls vs watch boxes vs other watch storage options. The truth is that there is no right answer to this. It is up to each person and what fits your style. It also depends on whether your collection is 3 watches, 20 watches, 100 watches or any other amount. Here are some of the options I have seen:

*I saw a video online by a Rolex collector and he showed his collection and each watch was in an individual zip lock plastic bag. Not my style but if it works for you, thats all that counts.

*I have a watch friend who puts all of his collection in dresser draw and that is it.

*I have seen elaborate set ups in closets with built in cabinets designed to hold hundreds of watches.

*I have seen collections that are kept on watch pillows and that is it.

*I have had friends who scattered their watches throughout the house or apartment and that was it.

So what works for you. How many watches do you have and how do you store them?

I have currently 5 watches (can change at any point) and I had stored them for years in a watch box or boxes. Recently, a watch friend picked up one of the Everest Watch Rolls and explained the benefits of having the watches be more portable yet still be housed in a roll with a flat bottom that kept them secure. So that is the direction I have headed. I have one Everest Watch roll that holds 4 watches as well as a wood watch box (holds 6 watches). I could be headed to another roll and not have the box. What I like about the roll most is that each watch has much space and there is a lot of room between the watches. In terms of tightness, I have a 6.5 inch wrist and the pillows on the Everest can be compressed to easily hand a watch sized like mine. Here is a shot of my Everest Watch Roll and my Wood Watch Box:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3409.jpg (61.4 KB, 360 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3481.JPG (106.2 KB, 354 views)
skirsch is offline   Reply With Quote