View Single Post
Old 12 July 2017, 12:41 PM   #2
brmeyers
"TRF" Member

Watch: ...Your Thoughts
The black lacquer dial is so sublime and not many watch companies can compare.
This beautiful dial is paired with an even more beautiful and innovative Blue - Red (french Bleu - Rouge = BL-RO)
ceramic bezel combination that juxtaposed together makes a work of art to behold on the wrist.
The red 24 hour hand is a PERFECT accent to through just the right amount of color across the pristine dial.

BLRO7.jpg

I have seen this watch at the AD before, but wearing for a day, the innovative first ever "red" ceramic on a bezel along with the blue makes for such a perfect and patriotic combination.
I guess each bezel takes 40 hours to make and what begins all blue gets treated to bring out the red.
The effort Rolex puts into making this highly polished ceramic bezel pays off in spades.
Under certain lighting the polish is as smooth as glass as some of my pictures show.

BLRO3.jpg

As always with Rolex on the wrist, adjusting the clasp, and setting the time you feel a sense of strength and robustness.
And cosc certified we know Rolex is one of the must reliable automatic watches.
This 3186 movement is one of Rolex's best and contains much of the latest and greatest tech to insure accurate timekeeping.

The Bleu-Rouge (BLRO) is an elegant tank of a watch that is as sleek as a Ferrari on the wrist.
If Pan Am was still around today, they would be proud of this watch that first debuted as the GMT Master in 1954 in a collaboration between Rolex and Pan Am.
A true tool watch at the time, though even now it is great for trip taking and keeping track to up to 3 time zones.

Sure it may look cranberry and blueberry-ish under bright lights like the shot below...
But I think that adds an element of fun that makes for a kaleidoscope of colors and flavors when wearing and enjoying the watch.

BLRO6.jpg

Thanks for reading, Now go out and get one yourself.
I am pointing exactly in the direction of David SW.... Really

BLRO5.jpg
brmeyers is offline   Reply With Quote