View Single Post
Old 4 March 2018, 04:41 AM   #1358
Dan Pierce
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex-1 Tudor-3
I think I'm in love w/ Erika and her bespoke MN straps.

I'm a bit embarrassed as Commander In Chief to being late to the party as thg and other loyal soldiers of The Nylon Nation have already reaped the benefits of these very cool straps.

After ordering late Feb I received the strap today from Erika. Decided on the 22mm Mirage w/ white stripe and patina hardware. It was important to be able to use this strap on my Sinn 757 UTC as well as some custom Seiko divers which required both the choice of hardware finish and color scheme to be a good match, and they are. The patina finish works well w/ the Sinn Tengiment steel, but also doesn't look out of place on stainless steel.

Out of the envelope, a nice note from Erika. The initial feel of the strap exudes quality. The fabric is substantial without being too heavy. The hardware is robust but doesn't overtake the strap.

It looks amazing on the Sinn. They work so well together but then I can see finding excuses to utilize MN straps on a wide range of watches.

The watch was installed and the strap sized in minutes. One worry, prior to ordering was the possible discomfort coming from adjuster digging into my wrist. Never ready anyone complain about it and now I know why, it's a complete non issue. The comfort of this strap was instantly realized. Its substantial enough to hold a heavy 757 but the stretch has a natural give with your everyday wrist movements. I've been used to that luxury already enjoying Bonetto Cinturnin 328 rubber natos, also amazingly comfortable.

Since they are made to your wrist size measuring is a necessity. I used the less than accurate string method which totaled 187mm. Erika instructs to measure tight so decided to go w/ 185mm, one of the preselected options on the pull down menu.

As you can see I"m very impressed with MN Straps. Cons? I do have a small bit of trouble getting my hand thru the strap but my hands are huge and it's such a minor detail that it in no way takes away from the overall enjoyment. This will get plenty of wrist time so we'll see how it holds up to everyday, and sometimes extraordinary use.

For what we are willing to spend on these timepieces I feel the price is certainly commensurate with the quality, comfort, and uniqueness MN Straps provide.

There's no doubt I'll be ordering more.
dP
Attached Images
File Type: jpg thumb_P1280867_1024.jpg (264.9 KB, 215 views)
File Type: jpg thumb_P1280869_1024.jpg (204.2 KB, 214 views)
File Type: jpg thumb_P1280871_1024.jpg (212.3 KB, 212 views)
File Type: jpg thumb_P1280873_1024.jpg (242.2 KB, 211 views)
File Type: jpg thumb_P1280875_1024.jpg (227.8 KB, 213 views)
File Type: jpg thumb_P1280882_1024.jpg (208.7 KB, 215 views)
File Type: jpg thumb_P1280884_1024.jpg (220.9 KB, 214 views)
File Type: jpg thumb_P1280886_1024.jpg (220.7 KB, 217 views)
The Crown & Shield Club
Honorary Member of P-Club
Dan Pierce is offline   Reply With Quote