View Single Post
Old 19 March 2023, 08:53 PM   #3646
saxo3
"TRF" Member

32xx movement problem poll and data thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SearChart View Post
I think every single 32×× will develop low amplitude in its current state at some point. Some people might be very lucky and reach 5 years without noticing a severe loss of accuracy, most are completely oblivious, and the rest will have to deal with warranty claims.

There's new unsold watches, not even swiped the card yet that run out of spec and won't reach 200 degrees.

I'm sure it will eventually get fixed and slowly all watches will silently get updates during their services.
The lack of transparency to customers, the incredible size of the problem and the fact that Rolex HQ does not even transparently communicate about the issue to RSC affiliates, AD's/Boutiques and only commands to service under warranty, this is what frustrates and worries me. It also completely takes the pleasure out of the job.
Thanks Bas.

The content of this clear post, based on your daily hands-on experience as RSC watchmaker, is a bit like dynamite for Rolex HQ and a warning to all board members.

I fully share and confirm what you say with many timegrapher measurements of my 3235 and 3285 movements, as well as the analysis (and graphs) of data provided by others in this thread.

It also confirms what I posted before:

I have NOT even seen 1 (one) contribution on TRF where a member has shown (with data) that his 32xx watch keeps (or kept) high movement amplitudes (after full winding) together with good timekeeping over a period of several (4-5) years, i.e., starting from the date of purchase and without any RSC repair or regulation of the 32xx movement.

Bas, I found a parameter to distinguish between good and bad 32xx movements, based on their different isochronism. It is quite a new insight for me, which I did not post or see anywhere else.

What's your experience with the isochronism of the 32xx?

saxo3 is offline   Reply With Quote