View Single Post
Old 19 March 2023, 10:54 PM   #3647
Easy E
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SearChart View Post
I think every single 32×× will develop low amplitude in its current state at some point. Some people might be very lucky and reach 5 years without noticing a severe loss of accuracy, most are completely oblivious, and the rest will have to deal with warranty claims.

There's new unsold watches, not even swiped the card yet that run out of spec and won't reach 200 degrees.

I'm sure it will eventually get fixed and slowly all watches will silently get updates during their services.
The lack of transparency to customers, the incredible size of the problem and the fact that Rolex HQ does not even transparently communicate about the issue to RSC affiliates, AD's/Boutiques and only commands to service under warranty, this is what frustrates and worries me. It also completely takes the pleasure out of the job.
I appreciate you stating this to the point. Thank you.

My follow up question is do you believe that watches that are currently being sent in for service are actually getting fixed, or just resetting the problem? That is to say if a watch is sent in today for repair is the repair permanent or will the problem return? I realize that may be a difficult question to answer and really only time will tell.
Easy E is offline   Reply With Quote