View Single Post
Old 20 March 2023, 06:24 AM   #3655
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Watch: 126619LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tridor View Post
Look, folks ... Bas has said a few times now that the 32xx is problematic for a variety of reasons. I think everyone should take heed of his expertise and advice. As for me, I'm staying away from anything with a 32xx in it, and am seeking out 31xx series movements for watches to add to my collection. I again would like to thank Bas for educating us on the deficiencies of the 32xx and, perhaps, saving people a lot of time, aggravation, and money, by steering clear of what is plainly a defective design.
That’s your opinion and you’re entitled to it. Here is mine:

I have purchased two watches with the 32X movement and have had zero issues, you can say I’m lucky to be one of the 75% with no problems as identified in your poll. I do not claim there is not an issue, I trust Bas and completely believe him, however I just “ordered” my grail this weekend and it has a 32X, I am not concerned. Why not? Rolex is the most successful watch company this world has ever known. They are not perfect, again I do not dispute Bas’ statement, but you do not achieve the superiority Rolex has by sustaining a bad product. I have ultimate confidence, that Rolex will solve this issue. Will my grail someday need to be sent to RSC for overhaul/repair because of this issue? It may very well be, but I trust Rolex, I trust the AD I am buying my grail from, and in the end, everything will be fine.

So, this will not stop me from buying an incredible watch I will enjoy.
TheVTCGuy is offline   Reply With Quote