View Single Post
Old 20 March 2023, 06:57 AM   #3657
Tridor
"TRF" Member

Watch: DD, DJ, SubC Date
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVTCGuy View Post
That’s your opinion and you’re entitled to it. Here is mine:

I have purchased two watches with the 32X movement and have had zero issues, you can say I’m lucky to be one of the 75% with no problems as identified in your poll. I do not claim there is not an issue, I trust Bas and completely believe him, however I just “ordered” my grail this weekend and it has a 32X, I am not concerned. Why not? Rolex is the most successful watch company this world has ever known. They are not perfect, again I do not dispute Bas’ statement, but you do not achieve the superiority Rolex has by sustaining a bad product. I have ultimate confidence, that Rolex will solve this issue. Will my grail someday need to be sent to RSC for overhaul/repair because of this issue? It may very well be, but I trust Rolex, I trust the AD I am buying my grail from, and in the end, everything will be fine.

So, this will not stop me from buying an incredible watch I will enjoy.
You're opinion is equally valid, as is your desire to feel good about your 32xx purchases. As to the 32xx, Rolex' lack of transparency will result in a major reputational hit. Some folks currently have sent their watches back 3-4 times for warranty work and still no permanent fix appears to exist. What happens after expiration of the warranty when the problems persist? Will Rolex cover them or extend the warranty? By doing so, it will be a tacit admission of a design defect. If it refuses to cover or extend those pieces, then its reputation likely will be impacted adversely.