View Single Post
Old 26 April 2009, 07:40 AM   #26
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
Icon7 Non COSC vs COSC 14060M

The two lines of writing on the dial is for the Non COSC (Superlative Chronometer Officially Certified - Rolex talk for Swiss Chronometer).

While the 4 lines of text is for the COSC Version - Contrôle Officiel Suisse des Chronomètres, the Official Swiss Chronometer Testing Institute, which is the institute responsible for certifying the accuracy and precision of wristwatches in Switzerland.

The four lines of text is just a marketing ploy really, since the Explorer I uses the same movement (3030) as the 14060M Non Date Sub and is an Official Swiss Chronometer.

Proving the fact that any Rolex can be made into an Official Chronometer with a bit of tweaking. Not to mention the Fact that this is 'Rolex' we are talking about - So premature failure of the movement is something you need not be to concerned about.

I myself prefer the cleaner and more classic look of the Non COSC - Looks more 007!!!