View Single Post
Old 4 December 2022, 03:26 PM   #1
FloridaBill
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek and Rolex
Patek Philippe has had a stellar year in 2022

Patek Philippe has the best year ever in 2022

As everyone knows, 2022 has been an AMAZING year for Patek Philippe and quite honestly, if there is an award for best watch maker of the year, or best collection of new watches of the year, there really is no doubt who the winner would be and, in fact, the distance between first place and everyone else would be so large, I am not even certain who would take second place.

Like everyone else, in March 2022, Patek blew me away with the introduction of 12 new watches (11 were precious metals) that included super cool new dials such as the textured charcoal gray dial (5226 and 5326) and the oh so stunning rose-gilt opaline salmon dial (5172 and 5320). I even liked the fresh new green dial option for the lady’s stainless steel Twenty~4 (4910) that seemed to be like rubbing salt into Rolex wounds as their 2022 releases, excluding the Destro GMT Master II (126720), were relatively banal.

However, the October 18, 2022 release of 8 new Patek Philippe watches felt like a turbocharger kicking in while stomping the accelerator of a supercar down the straightaway of a racetrack, as NOBODY (or at least the pundits here) was expecting 4 new Nautilus releases, along with a stainless steel world time flyback chronograph, two spectacular grand complications, and a mega delicious ladies Aquanaut chronograph that, no doubt, will be soon gracing the red carpet on a A-list celebrity wrist.
FloridaBill is offline   Reply With Quote