View Single Post
Old 6 January 2018, 09:30 AM   #1
AndrewMayhem
"TRF" Member

Watch: Green OP 34 114200
defect on the dial of my new Speedy 60th Anniversary

Hey all, just wanted to get your thoughts on quality control at Omega. After a long wait and a significant deposit I finally received a 60th anniversary speedy. After liberating it from that monstrosity of a bracelet it came on, I really enjoyed it for about two weeks until I decided to check out the dial under the loupe (sometimes I just like to admire them close up, you know?).

I immediately notice a splotch of white paint, admittedly the size of a pin prick and basically invisible to the naked eye, but very prominent under the loupe, right in the center of the lume plot at 12.

It's not even its presence that bothers me so much. Like I said, it's practically invisible without magnification. However, I keep having this image in my head of an omega watchmaker examining it through a loupe while affixing the dial, noticing it (as it's obvious), and thinking to himself "oh no bother, they'll probably never notice." For a watch that cost over $7,000, can't I reasonably expect a little more attention to detail? Especially given the already substantial wait time for the piece? Shouldn't a "luxury" watch at this price point be above this kind of sloppiness?

As it's under warranty, I plan to take it in and see what Omega has to say for itself, but what do you all think? My wife thinks I''m blowing this out of proportion. For me, it's the principal of the thing. And if I have to wait another few months while they fix it (which is likely), I'll be even more disappointed.
AndrewMayhem is offline   Reply With Quote