View Single Post
Old 6 August 2019, 12:44 AM   #32
OJONES
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1William View Post
I would not set the expectation of a new watch from Harrods. They will take the watch and have it serviced and it will return running properly. As far as getting a new watch that no one has handled next time, that is not as easy as said. Unless the AD is going to hold the watch for you upon arrival ,more than likely, it will hit the display case or be in the safe and pulled out to show other customers. Inspect any item you buy but as a new watch person do not give in to a lot of what you read from other relatively new watch people who typically have very strong opinions but very little experience. Things happen, watches break. Panerai is a good company and operating out of a multi-billon dollar watch group. It will get sourted out.
But that watch group is Richemont and they’ve a pitiful record when it comes to after sales service. The amount of horror stories I’ve been told across the brands is staggering. If you go on to WUS you’ll often encounter some tale of woe from IWC, JLC panerai etc. Stories where a broken watch requires multiple return to get working and excuses of use error. I say that as some who loves some of their models.

I was quite taken with the 682 and then the replaced the display back. Rumours of shoddy construction regarding water tightness or simple cost cutting abound. And now there’s the 683 with its budget movement. Which isn’t surprising when you see the new IWC pilots and their “in house” movements, lacking such exoticness as ceramic bearings!!!
OJONES is offline   Reply With Quote