View Single Post
Old 17 August 2019, 01:56 PM   #4
mineral
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by foil_guy View Post
Was at an antique fair today, and saw a nice looking Tudor Submariner small rose 7016, on initial inspection looked pretty good..

I was contemplating buying it, i'd sold the same watch 15 years ago, and regret it now. Anyhow, the mid case looked too good, it rang alarm bells, so i closely inspected between the lugs. I'm not too up on these, but remember mine was a 7016/1. The mid case on this one just had engraved 7016, which i though odd, as i only thought 7016/0 and 7016/1 where the models.

So question did 7016 exist?

Cheers

Paul

Hello Paul. I can share some information with you since I own the transitional Tudor small rose sub 7016 case serial 623xxx from 1968. I just checked the case and model number is engraved as 7016/0. I am not sure if 7016 or 7016/1.

Do you happen have chance to check the lume on the dial? As far as I know, the 1968 is special year where the tritium material used was the special zinc sulfide whereby if you shine the under the UV light, the dial will give you intense green lume and it fades quickly after few second.

Hope this help.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk