View Single Post
Old 8 December 2021, 09:17 AM   #176
AperolSpritz
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoylentGreenChi View Post
I agree with you entirely. The only thing that’s a question mark for me is the tension between this move and the public posture Patek has previously taken, including on the AP Black Panther: https://www.afr.com/life-and-luxury/...0210416-p57jw1

“I saw the watch,” says Stern. “I was a little bit sad for them because it shows that maybe they don’t have any more ideas. And they should have plenty of beautiful ideas.

That quote can be applied perfectly to this LVMH release, IMHO. No need for negativity, though, one way or the other.

Again, I don't think for a second you can compare that 5711 to the AP Marvel move. The AP move imho is ridiculous and it's a strategic one, with a multi-year partnership, several watches coming out of it and god only knows how many more horrors.

This PP is a limited edition made for a 170 years of collaboration with their more exclusive AD at the time Tiffany changes hands to LVMH (which is a corporate also close to Stern) while at the same time PP discontinues what is certainly its most iconic watch.

The fact that people don't like it is perfectly fine. But I am at a loss understanding why anyone would compare that to the still unexplainable move of AP starting to make cereal box watches with a comics franchise on a long-term strategic partnership.
AperolSpritz is offline   Reply With Quote