Old 22 October 2018, 09:10 PM   #5
korneevy
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP, VC, RLX, BP
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGB View Post
Beautiful watch indeed,
Where did you get it from?
I got mine from Paris Boutique, a few weeks back, and didn’t get much goodies neither.
Like you was not planning to wear it often, it is my daily watch actually,
I don’t know why, but something about this AP give a special feeling compared to Rolex, is it the bracelet? The blue/grey dial?
I got mine from the Singapore boutique - I've been living here for the past 4 years so figured I had the best chances trying to get one locally, after being denied any opportunity to get one from multiple boutiques in Europe, HK and Japan, USA. Happened a LOT sooner than I was told it would - effectively when I got a call, I managed to save up only half of what it cost me, so need to move a few pieces from my collection to minimise the debt.

Not wearing it daily is a sort of a rule I've established a while back - until I paid off the remaining debt on it, the watch is not mine and restrict myself from using it daily...sort of motivates me to save up faster;)

I find my impressions of the watch is quite different from Rolex, of which I only have the GMT Batman...it is undeniably more elegant and refined, the blue dial is exquisite, finishing on the movement is amazing but it does feel a LOT more fragile and delicate, the Rolex is build like a tank and can take pretty much anything you throw at it, be it on land, air or sea...different horses for different courses, as they say.

Congrats on your RO btw!
korneevy is offline   Reply With Quote