View Single Post
Old 29 July 2020, 04:05 AM   #6
Kevin Dumont
"TRF" Member

What a nice post, thanks m j b! I recently became a Davosa owner myself and now I feel even more vindicated in my decision to take a chance on this relatively little-known brand here in the US.

Mine is a Davosa Ternos Pro USA Limited Edition, a little over a month old now. It arrived to me 3 days after purchase and is a new release launched earlier this year to be sold exclusively here in the States, just as the name suggests.

Much of what has been talked about by m j b is what drew me to Davosa and helped me overcome some of the misgivings associated with them and other companies (e.g. Mido & Squale) whose homage designs have made a splash in the microbrands space. Being the patriotic soul I am, I was also always gonna be fascinated by the idea of a limited ed. watch with lots of pro-USA branding :)

It is not a perfect watch by any chance. Loses between 7 and 10 secs a day, and the rotatable bezel action plus time-setting are not nearly as smooth or impeccably done as on the watch this one is meant to pay tribute to.

Would I rather have a Rolex in its place? Yeah, no doubt. Nonetheless, it is a solid, well-built watch that comes on a jubilee bracelet and sits delightfully on my wrist - well enough for me to consider the ~$1200 I paid for it very well spent. The workmanship and finishing was quite a surprise - very well done for that price tag.

I'm yet to open the case, and neither do I expect to have any need for that. The watch comes with a 2-year warranty in the USA and the customer care appear responsive and professional. Also, I was promised that repairs & service are actually done right here in the states (therefore no need for overseas shipping). Overall, I'm mighty pleased!
Kevin Dumont is offline   Reply With Quote