View Single Post
Old 11 June 2019, 11:00 PM   #63
dannyp
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by S`` View Post
Exactly, they had it in screws before, then took it out of the design....

And people actually believed because it's due to the thickness of the bracelet?

Laughable

Sent from my VTR-L29 using Tapatalk
Admittedly, I cannot tell from the pics I see online whether there seems to be any substantive redesign of the bracelet that would precipitate the change. The one ting I do notice is this:

On the older version, the screw holes appear to go almost to the edge of each link. Is it possible that it was proving difficult to construct with such tight margins, or there was concern that wear over time would potentially damage the links, given how thin the area around the tube was?

Or perhaps I'm just looking for a justification that my speculation about bracelet thickness was the reason since I suggested that prior to knowing it previously had screws .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell996 View Post
Presumably as a used piece after being reconditioned? PP aren’t going to scrap a watch for a simple service issue and they will need the papers to sell it on.
I have no idea, to be honest, whether it was being sold as used or new. I would hope preowned, but I hadn't ever seen any preowned pieces in the dealer's case. Perhaps at one of its other locations, though.

I certainly wouldn't expect PP to scrap such a piece either, and always wondered how such things were handled.
dannyp is offline   Reply With Quote