View Single Post
Old 30 November 2017, 04:04 AM   #16
Lode_Runner
Banned

Beautiful watch, the 39mm was really the "keeper" in that Railmaster line. That design and era of Railmaster is the watch that Jeremy Clarkson of Top Gear once famously labeled "a thing of unparalleled beauty" (and in the same breath declared that "the only thing in the world worse than a fake Rolex is a real one"). They actually made a hockey-puck sized 49mm XXL model during that period, but the 39.2mm is truly the gem.

The movement in that watch is the Omega 2403 Coaxial, which is the non-date version of the Omega 2500 Coaxial used in the Aqua Terra models of the same period. It's the pre-8500 Coaxial, which was a modified ETA2892-A2 base with the added the coaxial escapement. If you ever need to get that watch serviced, from personal experience, I'd highly recommend you actually use Omega for the overhaul. That watch is one that I suspect will appreciate in value over time. And I've learned from personal experience that some independent watchmakers just haven't done enough coaxials to obtain the necessary expertise to do it right the first time.
Lode_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote