View Single Post
Old 29 September 2016, 07:51 AM   #1
lapince
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5712
The Voutilainen journey

Hi all, following a small demand I will take you on my journey.

As a rule, I will not discuss any prices.
I want to thank my good friend Dimitry aka de66, who is a great guy, and has been on the project from day one and has been a huge help in every decision, thanks buddy :

As well Martinr who posted a pic of the watch which was a revelation when I saw it and had he not posted it, I would clearly not have commissioned this watch, thanks Martin

For some time I was in between 3 watches, a RM 035, the first edition, a Lange datograph perpetual in WG, and the Vouti.
After many posts about the Lange an other things, I eliminated the RM, mainly because the one I really love is the black 055, but they were around 100-110K, and it kinda bothered me to put so much money in a watch which isn't super exclusive, and also I have sports or sporty watches, between what I have now and what I am getting in a few months, my collection will be:
Patek 5712, 5711 and 5167R
AP ceramic diver
Rolex Daytona C white dial.
So after a long while of thinking about it, I decided if to put this kind of cash, I wanted a totally unique one, and also to be different enough from my other watches.

So to give you an idea, the base is a Vingt-8, like the one posted here, but there will be Arabic numerals on the whole dial to give it a more sporty feel, the outer dial will be very dark blue with guilloche, for the enamel I haven't decided yet how it will be exactly, color wise that is.

The movement will be ruthenium with geneva stripes.

The case and caseback will be WG, wanted Pt at first, and had settled on PT, but that was before I decided getting the caseback with engraving, first that made the bill go much higher, and was too much in PT, and second I think the weight would have been too much in PT.

The most interesting part of the watch will be the officer's caseback, it will have
a unique engraving, in the style of the caseback of his Masterpiece 7, you can see pucs on his site, but just the style, this is why I am going there on November 28th, to meet with Kari and the engraver, I have different ideas but they will tell me which one will look best considering the size, this should be very interesting.

I will start posting pics from the first meeting with Kari, if you have questions or opinions will love to hear them.

Thanks guys

Ok can't download the pic for the dial, it's the blue dial Vingt-8 on his site. Here you have the movement in ruthenium but without the geneva stripes that mine will have, and the engraving will be in the style of this one but quite different
image.jpeg

image.jpg

If you have some ideas for the engraving I would love to hear them.
The idea is one or a few warrior women, of course beautiful ones, so either 1-2, either like on the engraving here, need to lnow which pluses and minuses each possibility has, plus some things like what is in the center here, and other elements, Kari and the engraver will help put my ideas on paper and how to make the end result the most perfect possible, will take into consideration your ideas.
lapince is offline   Reply With Quote