View Single Post
Old 10 December 2018, 04:21 PM   #35
ILuvSubs
"TRF" Member

The Jumbo is a beautiful, classic watch and a grail for many (including me). However, I reckon I would always be too worried babying it for the reasons mentioned by Gus below (and he would know - he’s previously owned it and a 5711).

Both BLRO and Kermit are much more practical, durable and versatile watches. You’re less likely to baby them and you would actually wear them more often than the OP is currently wearing the Jumbo.

Sure the 15202ST has been appreciating in value, but the Kermit has been increasing in value too (but probably not at the same rate).

It’s enjoying the investment potential vs enjoyment of wearing a watch.

Better for you to own the watch, rather than for the watch to own you. That’s my 2 cents worth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by subtona View Post
The hulk is not part of the trade.
The OP is considering the Kermit 16610LV.
190 offers on C24 though relatively this may be the ballpark, the offers in all cases are likely multiple for the same watch.

Practically speaking, the OP “doesn’t really wear the AP except for the rare occasion” and has not given any indication he intends to go into the watch trading and investment business... he has a watch he doesn’t wear worth more than he payed for it and an offer of two extremely wearable and sought after watches from a brand that has a more broad appeal for resale if needed and holds up significantly better to wear and tear.

The AP while special in so many ways, has issues of concern with WR, performance , date setting and most importantly if actually worn looks like it was working on the rock pile in a few weeks. This might be fine for continued ownership but is a nonstarter for private resale and would have to go in trade where full value will not be realized.

Imho of course.